Getting Started for Teachers PRINT THIS PAGE
1) Register an account in the PA-ETEP portal by clicking on the “Register” link at the top of the page. Provide all of the required information. This will create an account for you in the portal and only needs to be done one time
2) You will receive an email whenever your supervisor initiates an observation for you. This email will instruct you to login to the PA-ETEP portal and click the “My Observation” tab to complete Step 1 (Complete Pre-Observation Questionnaire).
3) After you complete your Pre-Observation Questionnaire (Step 1) and click the “Submit to Supervisor” button, you will receive an on-screen message telling you that your questionnaire has been sent to your supervisor for review.
4) Your supervisor will then contact you to schedule a Pre-Observation Conference to discuss your Pre-Observation Questionnaire and to schedule the date and time of your observation.
5) After your observation, you will receive another email. This email will instruct you to return to the portal and complete Step 2 (Review Observation Evidence)
6) After you review the Observation Evidence and add any additional evidence (if necessary) and click the “Submit to Supervisor” button, you will receive an on-screen message (and an email reminder) asking you to complete your Post-Observation Questionnaire (Step 3).
7) After you complete your Post-Observation Questionnaire and click the “Submit to Supervisor” button, you will receive an on-screen message (and an email reminder) asking you to complete your Self Assessment Rubric (Step 4).
8) After you complete your Self Assessment Rubric and click the “Submit to Supervisor” button, you will receive an on-screen message telling you that your Self Assessment Rubric has been sent to your supervisor for review. Your supervisor will then contact you to schedule a Post-Observation Conference to discuss your observation and review your Self Assessment Rubric.
9) After your Post-Observation Conference, you and your supervisor will “Authenticate” the observation by adding your signature and password to the portal (Step 5).
Guided Support for Each Step of the Process
- Email reminders, on-screen pop-up messages, and notifications within the portal will guide you through each step of the evaluation process.
- After completing each step in the process, a check mark will appear on your "My Observation" page.
- When you are logged in to the portal, you will see an (!) icon next to your name at the top of the page. This is your notification section where ALL of your action steps are located.
- These notifications are essentially the same information that is sent to you in the email reminders. They are just listed here for your convenience. You may (at any time) return to this Notifications Section to view any action steps that must be taken.